Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
Portland OR - Beaverton OR - Lake Oswego OR - Vancouver WA
Cockroaches. Even their name is sure to give anyone the chills. These pests aren’t just icky-looking, they carry more than 30 types of bacteria and 6 parasitic worms. Because cockroaches prefer to stay hidden, it’s not always easy determining if you have a cockroach infestation.
Fortunately, we at Summit Pest Management are here to help. Keep reading as we talk about other telltale signs of a cockroach infestation, and if you see any of these signs, it’s time to contact our team for fast and effective cockroach extermination.
Ready for pest service?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Common Cockroach Signs
Other than seeing a cockroach in plain sight, there are other signs that point to a cockroach infestation including:
- Scattered cockroach droppings: Cockroach droppings look like coffee grounds or small dark-colored grains of rice. You may see droppings behind your refrigerator, inside your cabinets, or in other cracks and crevices
- .A musty odor: Cockroaches leave a strong and unpleasant musty odor that gets stronger, the larger the infestation.
- Cockroach egg casings: Cockroach egg casings, called oothecae, look like small capsules. A single ootheca can hold up to 50 eggs.
- Cockroach skins: Cockroaches go through various lifecycle stages before reaching full adulthood. During these stages, they’ll shed their skin which can occur anywhere between 5 to 8 times.
- Cockroach smear marks: Cockroaches tend to leave brown, irregular-shaped smear marks in areas where water is abundant.
Cockroach Infestation Signs
Cockroaches have been around for a long time, with some scientists dating their origins to as far as 280 million years ago. They prefer to live where they will go unnoticed which is why they scatter when you turn on a light. When it comes to food, cockroaches aren’t very picky. They’ll feast on food stains, garbage, wallpaper, book bindings, and more. More importantly, cockroaches are very resilient. Not only can they hold their breath for 40 minutes, but they can also live without food for a month, and live without an entire head for a week! In short, cockroaches are hardy little pests that can survive even the most extreme conditions.
What to Do When You See Signs of Cockroaches
If you’re noticing signs of cockroaches in your home or business, you need to act quickly. Getting rid of cockroaches is very difficult which is why it’s important to work with a professional cockroach exterminator when an infestation is suspected. The cockroach removal team at Summit Pest Management has over 19 years of experience protecting homeowners and businesses from cockroaches. We’ll take care of your cockroach problem, identify what’s causing the problem, and prevent future infestations. Contact us today to learn more about our cockroach removal and control services.Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Portland OR & Vancouver WA
Serving Portland Oregon & Vancouver Washington