Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation
Portland OR - Beaverton OR - Lake Oswego OR - Vancouver WA
Rodents may appear to be cute and cuddly to some people, but these pests are not creatures you want in your home or business. Rodents are destructive, they spread diseases, and they carry parasites with also carry deadly diseases. In addition to physically seeing a rodent, other signs of a rodent infestation include droppings, gnaw marks, and unpleasant odors.
When it comes to rodents, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional rodent exterminator like Summit Pest Management. We’ve been protecting homeowners and businesses in the Portland and Vancouver area for over 19 years! We know what it takes to get rid of rodents for good!
Ready for pest service?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Tell if You Have Rodents
Rats and mice are quick and nocturnal so you might not always see them, fortunately, they leave behind some evidence of their presence. Below is a list of telltale signs you have a rodent infestation.
- Rodent droppings: Mouse, roof rat, and Norway rat droppings all have distinct characteristics but all look small and pellet-shaped.
- Unpleasant odors: Rodents leave behind a distinct, musky smell that gets stronger the larger the infestation.
- Smear marks: Rodents are very oily and they tend to stay close to walls and baseboards when traveling. If you spot greasy marks along your walls, you might have a rodent infestation.
- Strange sounds: If you’re hearing unexplained scratching sounds or squeaking in your home, especially at night, it could be rodents.
- Signs of gnawing: Rat and mouse teeth never stop growing which is why they chew on nearly everything. They also chew materials to build their nests. Inspect your pantry, attic, basement, and other areas to see if anything has been chewed on.
Small tracks: Rodents might leave footprints or tail marks where they’ve traveled. Check near food sources, in corners, and along baseboards for these marks.
Have a Rodent Infestation?
If you suspect you have a rodent infestation in your home or business, it’s important to contact a rodent exterminator. Rodent infestations can bring multiple problems to your family, employees, and staff. Rats are not only known carriers of various viruses and bacteria but they also threaten the structural integrity of your building. Rodents also reproduce very rapidly, and their babies only need about 30 days to fully mature at which time they will be able to reproduce as well.
Expert Help With Signs of Rats
Having a rodent infestation can be stressful which is why it’s important to work with a professional rodent removal company as soon as possible. At Summit Pest Management, we will thoroughly inspect your property, locate the rodent infestation, identify the species, and provide you with effective treatment options. Then, once we’ve taken care of the rodent problem, we’ll determine sources of the infestation and work to seal entry points to ensure the infestation doesn’t return. If you’re ready to get started contact our team today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Signs You have a Rodent Infestation in Portland OR & Vancouver WA
Serving Portland Oregon & Vancouver Washington